jeudi, mars 03, 2005

Interview @ HSBC

This is how I appreciated the importance of this interview: I took one day off just for this interview. The position is Java Dev, and requires 'strong knowledge' in J2EE. But none of the courses I have taken actually taught me anything about J2EE, so I had to 'cram' for it. Within half a day, I went through most of the J2EE features! (well, of course without plunging myself into the tons of pages of coding.) As for the interview itself, how should I comment about it... It appeared to be fine. There was no 'dead silence', and I don't think I made any blunt mistake, but somehow I feel kinda weird. First of all it is the dress code. I thought the dress code in HSBC should be pretty formal, and I really dressed up in the safest way: tie, long-sleeve shirt, long pants, and suit. But the guy who interviewed me actually had casual wear. wtf... And during the interview, I always had the feeling that he thought I'm too junior for the position, and he kept giving me that cunning simile which made me a little bit nervous. The interview turned out to be fairly short, much shorter than scheduled. Maybe the guy had lost interests already. Anyways, it's over now, and I don't really expect much from this interview (but how much I did!). Damn, when can I settle this co-op thing?!

Aucun commentaire: